top of page
DJI_0154.JPG

We are excited to announce Ogle County Fair comes back July 31, 2024

Online Registration

Click the link below to be transferred to our online registration form.

DJI_0143.JPG
DJI_0140.JPG
At the February 19th Ogle County Fair Board meeting, two retiring members were recognized for their years of service on the board.  Denny Alderks served on the board for 27 years and Rita Dauphin served for 25 years.  The board wanted to thank both Denny and Rita for the many hours of dedicated volunteer service they provided to help build our fair.  Both received a plaque and lifetime passes for the fair.

Honoring A Lifetime of Dedication 

IMG_1216.HEIC

Project Green

On behalf of the Ogle County Fair Board we would like to thank Those who have helped in the process making our grounds a more beautiful place for the families that come out to the enjoy the fair.

Kevin Wiegmann

Philip and Janet Platz

Dave Engelbrecht

Don and Nancy Etnyre

Merlins Greenhouse

Hidden Timber Gardens

Denny and Sharon Alderks

Myron Alderks

Robert and Linda Alderks

O'Brien Civil Works, Inc

 

Scott and Diane Lillie

Jim Lutz (Lutz Corp)

Chrissie and Ann Martin

Brian Grover

Roger Cain

Gary and Eddie Monahan

Steve and Lori Lantz

William Hefty

Richard Rhoads

Donald Wetzel (Pete's Properties, LLC)

Get to Know Us

The first Ogle County Fair was held in October of 1853 on the lawn of the Ogle County Court House. In the early years, it was held a several places and on one occasion, in Byron.

In 1856 a group of citizens purchased 10 acres of land in the north section of Oregon along Illinois Route #2. An additional 10 acres was purchase in 1858 followed by the acquisition of 6 acres from Mr. E.S. Potter in 1901. Ten more acres were latter purchased from the estate of James H. Cartwright. The grandstand was constructed in 1925 followed by the horse barn in 1927. The fair encompassed approximately 40 acres by 1968.

bottom of page